Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday June 12, 2010

Workout: Long Run - 7.47 miles
Time: 1:17:56
Pace: 10:20
Weight: 123.4

Wow was it horrible this morning. I chose to get up and run at 5:30 because I have to work all morning and its going to be hot and humid today and I didn't want to run in 90 degree humidity in the afternoon. I'm not sure that 75 degree humidity at 5:30am is any better. It was bad, bad, bad.

I had planned an 8 1/2 mile route... I'm glad I made it even 7 1/2. I made it to 3 1/2 miles before having to stop and really decide what I was going to do - keep going or cut it short to 4 1/2 miles. I very seriously considered doing just the 4 1/2 miles because I was pretty miserable, but I persevered and allowed myself to stop and walk if I needed to. I did well, although I did not make it up the last hill going East on 151st - I made it halfway up and walked the rest. After getting my drink at the park, I walked for a song and decided I would run 2 songs and walk 1 song the whole way home. At that time I also decided that I had to cut out a mile so I could be home in time for Cornbread to go out at 7. For the last mile, my shorts were falling down because they and my body were so wet from sweat. I couldn't keep them over my hips and I was a little nervous a few times that they were going to fall to my knees. Overall, everything was bad, but I did it and I got home okay.

No comments: