Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday June 7, 2010

Workout: 2 mile warm up + upper body
Weight: 123.4

I actually made it to the gym this morning. Its kind of nice going at 6 instead of 5:15ish since the girls are out of school and I don't have to be home in time to do my devotions AND make lunches and breakfast before 8:35. I think I can handle it.

And then the girls slept until 10. I can definitely handle that.

At any rate, I think I ran a tad bit over 2 miles in 20 minutes. I did the first 10 minutes at 5.8 which left me lagging behind the 10 minute/mile mark, so for the second 10 minutes I ran at 6.2 or 3 - don't remember. Caught up to the 10 min/mil mark at 16:00 and then went below the 10 minute mark. at 17:30 I jacked it up to 6.5, increased to 6.7 at 18:00, 6.8 (or 9) at 18:30 and 7.0 for the last minute. Don't remember my exact mileage, but it was slightly over 2 miles.

I was also pleased to see that my heart rate was in the 150's during the first 10 minutes and in the low 160's while I was running at 6.2 (or 3). This is a very measureable difference from when I started running at the first of the year and my heart rate was in the 180's while I was running at 5.8/6.0 on the treadmill. I can confidently say that I'm in great shape.

I also went on to do upper body weights. Ugh. Hate it. I think I mostly hate it because after doing 30 minutes of vigorous weight training, I only earned 1 activity point. Running 30 minutes = 3 APs, weight lifting for 30:00 = 1. Ugh. I'd rather run. But weight training is important so I will continue doing it. I almost failed most of my exercises on the last set. I'm working my back and shoulders particularly hard because a) I love toned arms and back and b) those muscles are pretty important to a running stride. So work them, I will. And then I will complain about how much I hate it:) And my arms were very jelly-like afterward which made washing my hair uncomfortable.

Didn't do bad with the diet over the weekend. I didn't count points, but I didn't eat terribly either. I'm glad to see my weight is down slightly from where it has been resting for the last few months. That is an encouraging sign. My official WW weigh in day is Friday so hopefully it is down even a slight bit more by the end of the week. I'm used to the eating/points again, so I'm again confident that I can handle it and not be so crabby and irritable about it. Once training starts up again, I'll reevaluate whether or not I want to continue, but I suspect it might not be so bad since my mileage and activity points will increase pretty dramatically at that point.

Still looking forward to the training - the structure and the actual workouts and the goal of the race on September 25th. I shall have much more motivation because of it.

No comments: