Thursday, January 17, 2008

W2D11

Beginning Date: January 7, 2008
Ending Date: March 30, 2008
Total Miles: 3.0
Total Squats: 640

Workout: Back/Biceps/Body Weight

Did my squats last night before bed. Did 100 more this morning between exercises, then 100 more intense pulse squats in the shower. I should be catching up, hopefully. If I remember, I'll do another 100 before bed tonight. Dave thinks I'm obsessed with squats. Truthfully, I'm not, but I know that they are going to do wonders for toning.

I may have to rearrange my dinner menus according to the days that I run and the days that I lift. Yesterday I earned 4 activity points from running. If I run the full 45 minutes I'll earn 5 points. Dinner on the menu last night was TJ's tomato soup - 2 points per cup. Add 1/2 c. cottage cheese and I'm still only at a 4 point dinner. My running day dinners need to be bigger. I also felt hungrier throughout the day yesterday, likely because of the work I did that morning.

Today, I lifted for 30 minutes and earned only 1 activity point. But dinner tonight is supposed to be chicken sausage - a 5 point dinner. Not too bad, but I do need to reevaluate the schedule - it would simply make more sense to have the lower point dinners on the easier workout days.

I'm feeling better now that I'm back at things - eating & working out. Its good for me to be disciplined this way. My body feels better, my confidence is better and I'm enjoying it. I'm still tired at night, but I believe it has more to do with waking up at 5:30 every morning and not the intensity of the workouts. My body is not physically tired like it was in the fall. There is just no way I could have kept up that schedule and intensity.

Workout:
Back -
1) Lat Pull Down - 3x15 @ #4
2) Reverse Cybex row - 3x15 @ #4
Biceps -
1) Lying DB Hammer Curl - 12, 9, 8 @ 14lbs
2) 21's - 3 sets @ 16lbs
Body Weight -
Push ups with feet elevated - 12, 10, 10
Tricep Dips - 12, 10, 10
Squats - 100