Monday, January 14, 2008

WW W2D8

Whew - I'm back. Holy crap did last week suck! I had woken up with a sore throat the Friday morning that we left for St. Louis and it just got worse and worse and worse. On Wednesday I thought I was going to die when I woke up - my head hurt so badly and the pressure in my head and face was horrible. Surprisingly it was even worse on Thursday and Friday. I started antibiotics for a sinus infection on Wednesday night and finally felt better yesterday. Today I was fine when I woke up.

So needless to say, I think I worked out on Tuesday last week and that was it. I did not want to breathe heavily with that sore throat and I figured rest was more important at that point.

But I stuck with Weight Watchers last week and kept myself to the 21 point per day limit. I freed myself up a bit on Friday night when I went to Bunco, but I don't think I over did it (hard to say as there were no points attached the the things I ate:) I had not eaten dinner before I went, so I had some give, there. I also did not count points on Saturday or Sunday, however, I watched it all day both days and ate low-key stuff/low point stuff and not much of it so I could indulge on Saturday night and Sunday night. Saturday night we had beer and mexican with Doug, Jenny & David. Sunday night, Dave and I had frozen pizza, beer & ice cream. Yum. So I actually don't think I exceeded my 35 flex points in addition to my 21 daily points.

Weighed in this morning and I'm at 131.6 - that is down 1.6lbs! Really happy about that. I have spent the last 8 months trying to retrain my mind that the scale doesn't count, but in reality when one is not willing to work as hard as I was the scale is the true measure I believe. I may not end these 12 weeks with a rock hard body and tight, defined muscles, but I will be in smaller clothes and will feel better about myself.


Got up to workout this morning. I had intended to run, but I glanced at the baker's rack and saw the workout DVDs that I borrowed from the library and figured today would be a good day to try them out as I ease back into things from being sick. Lets just say that it was barely a workout. I would say low intensity, however, they were each long enough that I earned 1 point from each.

Workout: Crunch Cardio Dance - 35 minutes
MTV Pilates Mix - 20 minutes