Tuesday, October 16, 2007

C3W1D2

Challenge 3
Beginning Date: October 15, 2007
Ending Date: January 6, 2008

Workout: HIIT on the bike - LHLH at 1 minute intervals
total distance: 10.39 miles
total time: 40:00

I'm doing the bike on my HIIT days to decrease the chances of getting stress injuries from running every day. I can feel a little bit in my left ankle and think that resting it every other day will be a good thing.

I didn't think I would get a great workout on the bike, but this form of HIIT was good. I don't think I got my heart rate up as high as running, but it still managed to get into the 160's/170's which is more optimal than 180's and 190's anyway. I wasn't completely out of breath and ready to puke at any point, but I do feel like it was a good workout. I'm going to focus more on getting the cardio workouts in for the 40-50 minutes that I'd like to do and not feel like I have to hit a 10 every time.

My legs were burning when I woke up - I didn't want to walk anywhere, but they loosened up a bit after warming up on the bike. Now my butt is burning. So it is a good workout and a good alternative to running everyday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weights: Triceps / Biceps
Skull Crushers: 3x12 @15lbs (increase to 20lbs)
Tate Press: 3x12 @ 10lbs (increase to 16lbs)
Dips: 3x12
DB Concentration Curl: 3x12 @ 15lbs (each arm; increase to 18lbs)
Hammer Curl: 3x12 @ 15lbs (each arm; increase to 17lbs)
Standing BB Curl: 9, 8, 7 @ 24lbs