Wednesday, October 24, 2007

C3W2D10

Challenge 3
Beginning Date: October 15, 2007
Ending Date: January 6, 2008

Workout: Running
3 miles: 35:16
total distance: 4.125
time: 50:00

I took 20 seconds off of my 3 mile by increasing my speed to 5.4 for the last mile. However, I did not run 30:00 straight like I had intended to this morning. Part of it, I think, is a mental block - 30 minutes just seems like a long fricken time to be running. So I have to get past that mental block. I may have to do it 1 minute at a time instead of increasing by 5 minutes.

The other problem I was having was sinus/phlegm related. I had so much drainage going on in the back of my throat that every time I would sniff it back I would get a mouth full of phlegm and have to swallow it - all of that would take about 1 or 2 breaths away from my breathing leaving me in a continual state of catch up. I finally gave in after 16 minutes and took a break - which meant that I had a rough time running more than a couple of minutes at a time after that. After I had run the 3 miles, though, I walked for a quarter mile and was able to run for 3/4 of a mile straight.

My body was exhausted last night by the time I went to bed. Day 2 of lifting 2 days in a row always feels that way. I lifted pretty heavy yesterday and my body was tired.

Did not sleep well again last night. I guess I can't say I didn't sleep well - I didn't sleep hard. I'm not sure if it is the difference between running 5 days a week and now doing the bike on T/TH and not getting as hard of a workout or if it is the tea thing. I should cut the tea out for a week and see if it makes a difference.