Wednesday, October 31, 2007

C3W3D17

Challenge 3
Beginning Date: October 15, 2007
Ending Date: January 6, 2008

Workout: Treadmill
3 miles: 35:06
Distance: 4.152
Time: 50:00

I took 22 seconds off of my 3 mile time this morning by increasing my speed by 1mph with each mile. I did not run the entire time without stopping - I had to stop early on and it broke my mental game. I have to remember to threaten the treadmill like I threatened the weights yesterday.

This afternoon I will do yoga.

Don't have a clue why I didn't post yesterday... I did the bike and I did biceps and triceps. For my very last set - standing barbell curls - I stood in front of the barbell, looked at the weight on the right and looked at the weight on the left and said - out loud - to them: "You and YOU will NOT conquer me. IIIII will conquer you." And I killed the last set. I even threatened them during the set.

It proves to me that the mental game is as important as the physical game. I need to get that down better - I need to threaten the weights before every set. And I need to threaten the treadmill before I get on - I do think its so early, though, that I don't remember to do it. I've kind of thought the idea of talking to your weights or your muscles was a little hokey, but after yesterday I'm more convinced. I just need to remember to do it.