Tuesday, October 2, 2007

STC - C2W12D79

Summer Tracker Challenge
Beginning Date: July 16, 2007
Ending Date: October 7, 2007

Workout: HIIT (35:00)
2 miles: 23:28
Total distance: 3.351
Total time: 40:00
Speeds: 3.5, 5.3, 5.8, 6.3, 8.0 (5%)

I lowered my walking speed to 3.5 in an effort to get my heart rate down during that minute between running intervals. I think it helped, actually.

I did 35:00 of HIIT which about killed me, but it was good. I went further in total distance than I have any other previous workout. My 2 mile time was a 4 seconds slower than my last HIIT workout and 6 seconds slower than my best HIIT 2 mile time, but I'm sure lowering my walking speed had much to do with that.

Trying to decide if I want to lift this afternoon or not. I need to figure out a lifting schedule for this week since we're leaving for the weekend on Friday and I won't be here to lift on Saturday. I would like to still get 4 days in, but at the same time, I wouldn't mind taking a little break from it this week before hitting it hard next week for C3. I have been seriously slacking for the last week and a half - not the way to finish out a challenge, but at the same time I've been doing BFL nonstop since April 30, so I think I needed a bit of a break before starting again on Monday...

C3 - October 8 - December 30.

No comments: