Tuesday, October 9, 2007

October 9, 2007

I am postponing Challenge 3 until next Monday. My body needs a rest - badly.

We walked all weekend in South Haven. Then we walked all day yesterday at the zoo. I have a head cold and feel really kind of miserable in my head. I think I have strained my back muscles while doing bicep and tricep exercises, and I'm feeling some stress injury in my calves/ankles from all of the running that I've been doing. Pretty much I wanted to lay on the bed and die last night and when I woke up this morning at my normal workout time, my body said, "Uh, no - you will NOT do this to me again today!" And Dave said, "Honey, why don't you take a break and get some rest?" So I did. And I'm going to.

I'm taking a week off from working out, but I will be eating clean this week. I will also be taking the time to really put together a good plan of action to start on Monday. I have to evaluate whether or not it is wise to run every day - perhaps I need to do different cardio than just running. I also need to come up with some sample meal plans. I need to sit down and read the goals chapter in BFFM and write out some good goals and plans for the next 12 weeks. I will hit it hard core on Monday, but I need a break this week - after 6 months of working out this hard, my body needs some time off.

No comments: