Friday, October 26, 2007

C3W2D12

Challenge 3
Beginning Date: October 15, 2007
Ending Date: January 6, 2008

Workout: Running
3 miles: 35:41
distance: 4.111
time: 50:00

I DID IT! I ran 30 minutes straight without any stops! I can't believe it - oh yes I can! I actually visualized myself running this morning and I repeated over and over for about 20 minutes while I got ready: "I run 27 minutes straight." That was my goal - 27 minutes - which would have been a personal best for me so far. In the back of my head I kept thinking that when I reached 27 minutes, I would just go for the extra 3... when I was actually running, though, I didn't know if I would even make the 27. It was tough - more mentally tough than anything else. I had a wall up since I didn't make my time on Wednesday. I had to break through the wall this morning and get to 27 and once I got there I decided to go for the extra 3 minutes and I'm so excited that I did!

It was a tougher run this morning - my legs were tired and sore. And I'm sore now, but I feel good. I love the feeling I have AFTER I run. And I love listening to my book on cd - really helps!

Still deciding if I should do weights - shoulders/abs - this afternoon or yoga. I'm leaning toward weights and then doing cardio and yoga tomorrow. Maybe. We'll see. I would like to get the weights out of the way so I can kind of rest a little tomorrow. I'll probably do weights today and just yoga tomorrow.