Sunday, October 14, 2007

Challenge 3

Challenge 3 is looming large and beginning tomorrow. The official dates are October 15, 2007 - January 6, 2008.

My plans are to do this challenge entirely by the BFFM book. I have re-read the entire book and sat down and figured out a whole plan for the next 12 weeks. Here are the basics:

Maintenance Calories: 2150/day
5% deficit = 2042.4
10% = 1935
15% = 1827.5
20% = 1720
25% = 1612.5
30% = 1505

I am going to spend 4 weeks "mastering the basics" before jumping into planning the zig zagging calories and the carb cycling that he describes. I will be *kind of* zig zagging since I will be eating 1700 calories M-F, will eat clean on Saturday and Sunday, but will have one free MEAL each of those days - basically: LLLLLHH.

After 3 weeks I will begin to evaluate how it is going and spend the 4th week planning for the next 4 weeks stretch - as to whether or not I will continue or I will begin the carb cycling.

I put together five 1700 calorie menus which will still allow me to eat dinner with my family and feed them a good, nutritious meal while doing so.

I will eat 5 meals a day at 8:30am, 11am, 1:30pm, 4pm & 6:30/7pm. M5 will be my last meal of the day. If I need something before bed, I will drink tea.

My daily menu is as follows:
M1 - 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 3/4c. oatmeal (dry)
M2 - 1.5 c. shredded wheat, 1.5 c. skim milk
M3 - 3oz tuna, 1/2c. kidney beans, 1/2c. rice, 1/4 tbls. olive oil
M4 - 3/4c. cottage cheese, 2T peach pineapple salsa, 1 apple, 1 bran muffin
M5 - varies

I will take beginning photos and then only at week 6 and week 12. I will measure at weeks 4, 8 & 12. I will do weekly weight and BF measurements on Monday.

84 day goals:
* I am 125 pounds
* I am 17.82% BF
* I run 3 miles in 33 minutes
* I love my body and am thankful for my health
* I compare myself to myself only

Weekly Goals:
* I do 5-6 days of cardio workouts - 40-50 minutes each
* I run 3 days / week
* I lift weights 4 days/week
* I do yoga 2 days/week
* I am losing .5% in body fat each week
* I am losing .5-1lb of scale weight each week
* I eat only 2 free meals each week

Daily Goals:
* I rewrite my 84 day goals
* I read all of my goals 2x/day
* I eat 5 meals at proper times
* I eat 1700-1720 calories
* I eat clean, low fat, low sugar natural food
* I drink 128oz water
* I reach a personal best every day

Ultimate/Long-Term Goals
* I am 15% body fat
* I maintain 110 lbs
* I have ripped ars and back, flat stomach and athletic, toned legs
* I run 5 miles in 45 minutes 3 days/week
* I get many compliments on my arms
* I love my body and am confident in myself

I will lift on M/T/TH & S (do yoga on W/F). I will be doing the following schedule (3 exercises for each muscle):
M - Quads / Hams
T - Triceps / Biceps
Th - Back / Chest
F - Shoulders / Abs

I will journal every night to prepare for the following day. I KNOW it will work. I will visualize my results and will think only positively throughout the challenge. There are no bad results - there are always results, its just what I choose to do with the results that matters.