Monday, April 16, 2007

BFL - Day 15

Beginning Date: April 2, 2007
Ending Date: June 23, 2007

Day 15 -

Today we are starting our third week of 12 in this whole process. It has been going very well. I'm a little discouraged by the fact that I haven't lost any weight - in fact, I've gained - but encouraged by the loss of 1/2" here and there. I'm also very much enjoying the controlled eating. The discipline of the diet is good for me in many ways and I cannot stress enough how much we are enjoying the recipes out of the eating for life cookbook.

Last weekend we went to Grand Rapids to spend the weekend with my parents. We had to figure out how to pack mid meals to eat in the car on the way out there and how to improvise in a non-BFL house. It was interesting. We each had some cheese and an apple on the way out (actually cornbread didn't eat his apple - he was recovering from a cold and didn't have much of an appetite). Then we went to McDonalds for dinner... we each ordered a southwest chicken salad. Cornbread had the breaded and fried chicken and I was good and had the grilled chicken. He also ordered a hamburger and I was jealous. But then I ate about 5 of the girls' chicken nuggets - oops:) In the morning we had eggs and a small bowl of cheerios for breakfast, a bar for mid meal and cheese and a tortilla for lunch. We both skipped our afternoon mid meal then went to a movie. As soon as we got out of the movie (6:30 IL time) I ripped open the bag of Jelly Belly's that I had been saving for free day. We went out for Chinese for dinner and then to the Marble Slab for ice cream afterwards. Mmmm. It was so good. I had cheesecake ice cream with raspberries and graham cracker crumbs. We also had some cookies when we got home.

Sunday was a little better this week. I had a big bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch for breakfast (its not the same as it used to be - it has 75% less sugar, uh, WHY???) and grabbed some cookies from Gram's when we picked up the dog. We shared a chocolate chip bar from Starbucks and finished the jelly bellys. I can't say I went crazy at home all afternoon - some leftover easter candy and half a bag of sour patch kids (okay, that was a little crazy) and then we had chicago style hot dogs for dinner with some cheetos. And we finished the 24 hours with a candy bar - I only ate half of my kit kat, so I'm awesome! Then we started cooking to prepare for this week.

I did the stairs this morning. It felt good, but my lungs burned again. My legs are very, very tired and I'm sure they'll be sore later, but it was a great workout. They are beginning construction on rebuilding the stairs today so I'm not sure how long we're going to be able to continue doing this. They're scheduled to finish on June 16... not sure what we're going to do in the meantime. I hate the process of getting there, but I love being there. I love feeling that I pushed my body to the absolute limit - for my highpoint I ran the stairs on trip 7. I stood at the bottom and looked up, said, "You can't defeat me" (in my head) and began. I repeated that phrase over and over and over as I was running and dying. And I ran the entire set of stairs (last time I made it 3/4 of the way). Awesome! I felt like Rocky when I got to the top and wanted to do a little dance, but there was another guy doing the stairs and I thought he might think I was a bit strange:)

Looking forward to this week - spring break is over, its time to start getting disciplined in more areas: tv watching (me and the girls), playing outside, reading, teaching Nora to read, spending time teaching Ryann her letters and numbers, eating every couple of hours like I should rather than putting it off so that I'm eating 3 meals within 3 hours, etc. etc. I like discipline and my life has lacked it for a long, long time and I've felt like I was out of control. Its time to change that.

Menu -
8am
10:30am
1:30pm
3:30pm
6:15pm
8:30pm

No comments: