Tuesday, April 17, 2007

BFL - Day 16

Beginning Date: April 2, 2007
Ending Date: June 23, 2007

Day 16 -

Not much to journal about anymore I guess. Seems that things are moving very smoothly, we're very accustomed to the diet and the regular eating and look forward to getting back to it after our free day. It feels good to be disciplined in at least one area of my life:) If I'm truly going to be all about intentional living then I need to become more disciplined in other areas, too. So far I have the diet and the exercise part down pat (well, I'm not an expert, but I'm working very consistently on it), so I need to look at the other areas and figure out where I need to make changes.

Yesterday I made meatloaf out of the cookbook for dinner. The boys were coming over and one thing that I've worried about is that I wouldn't be able to find meals that I could feed a larger number of people with. The meatloaf worked out just fine, though. It was big enough to feed all of us, I also made some sweet potatoes and of course some jello fluff so everyone had enough (I think). So our first attempt at eating with the boys went well and I'm encouraged about that - I was originally thinking that on the nights that they come for dinner I would have to make a regular meal and just substitute my meal with a shake - it wasn't something that I was very thrilled about, but if it was what I needed to do, then I would do it. I'm glad we found at least one meal to have together. Next week I have a couple of more to try with them.

The girls also had some meatloaf. Nora picked out the onions and ate the meat (ground turkey), Ryann had one bite and quickly moved on to Cheetos and Georgia gobbled hers up. So it was a success all around, I'd say:)

Did my arms this morning. I think there are maybe one or two exercises that I need to increase my highpoint weight on, but other than that I have a good thing going right now. I'm curious to find out how soon I'm able to increase all of my weights - or any of them. I think that will be another sign that things are going as they should be.

My legs are a tiny bit sore from doing the stairs yesterday, but not too bad. They have closed the stairs to reconstruct them until June. Cornbread went this morning and he said that they put a fence all around them so I think that option is now out. We're talking about buying another treadmill. They are on supersale right now and we have some money stashed away that we were going to use to go on a cruise with some friends, but that has fallen through. Hopefully we can get one for under $500 - I saw one in the sunday ads for $350, but I want to make sure it is what we need. I wish that I could run outside so we didn't even have to deal with this issue... I'm not sure if I'm a pansy or if I have a legitimate issue. Either way it is nice to have a treadmill for the cold and rainy days. Hopefully we can somehow sell the bike since we'll no longer need it. We'll see.

No comments: