Monday, April 2, 2007

BFL - Day1

Beginning: April 2, 2007
Ending: June 23, 2007

Its here... the first day of Body for Life. We've been counting down and perhaps even dreading this day for the last 3 days. Savoring every bite of sugary goodness, ordering things that we might not normally order... stuffing ourselves to the point of overflowing - all because we are starting today:)

I am really eager to do this. I'm sick of feeling sluggish and tired all the time. My joints ocassionally ache and I don't have as much energy as when I'm in shape. I'm looking forward to getting into shape and staying in shape. In the past when I've lost weight and gotten into shape it wasn't long before I got pregnant again and lost it for 1-2 years. This time, though, I'm looking forward to getting into shape and staying that way. I turned 31 yesterday and this is going to be the decade of me being HOT:)

Today is day 1. We haven't worked out in about 3 weeks because of all of the illness going through our house. I didn't sleep well last night because I was afraid I wouldn't wake up to the alarm - I've gotten so accustomed to sleeping until 7/7:30 every morning. So I woke up at 3:30am and dozed in and out until I finally got out of bed at 5:45 (by then, of course, I had finally fallen to sleep again). Got ready and went to the stairs for the first time since early November 2006.

It was tough. When last I did the stairs I was doing 10 round trips (easily). Today I wanted to stick with the 20 minutes of cardio that the program calls for, so I aimed for 6 round trips. I did 7, and it took approximately 25 minutes from start to finish. I was happy with that since I stop moving briefly at the top to take a drink of water every time... So for now I'm going to stick with 7 round trips and see where it goes from there (see if I eventually want to increase the number or if I will stay there). Trip 6 up the stairs was my high-point trip, so I ran the stairs and made it 3/4 of the way before stopping... I will continue to shoot for one more step every time to push myself past that level 10 exertion. The other thing that made it tough was that my lungs and throat were BURNING. Burning - like I had spent last night in a bar filled with smoke. It didn't get better until I got home. It was hard, but I already feel like I did well and I'm happy to be working out again and happy to do a tough workout that feels like it is worth my time (as opposed to the bike).

Stats: (I will measure myself twice a month and weigh myself twice a month to record progress)
Weight (on 3/30/07): 135.4
Waist (right at belly buttong, sucked in): 32"
Bum (mid bum, where leg meets torso): 37 3/4"
Hips (right below bum): 39 1/2"
Thigh (mid thigh): 23"
Calf (mid calf): 15"
Arm (mid bicep): 12 3/4"
Shoulders: 41"

There it is - its out there for the entire world to see and now I'm committed to changing those numbers. I'm excited to see how this turns out.

Meals:
8am - eggs, 2 pieces of toast (tiny bit of butter), onions, peppers & tomatoes, 2 cups water
10:30am - cottage cheese, salsa, gala apple, 2 cups water
1pm - Pure protein bar - s'more, 2 cups of water
3:30pm - Ranch chicken salad, 2 cups of water
6pm - Sesame Beef Stirfry, 2 cups of water
8:30pm - jello fluff, 2 cups of water

No comments: