Sunday, April 8, 2007

BFL - Day 7

Beginning date: April 2, 2007
Ending date: June 23, 2007

Day 7 - FREE DAY

Today is our first free day. Actually we began after church last night at about 6/6:30. I felt compelled to eat lots and lots of sugar and chocolate and 1/2 of a large pizza. Then I felt that I HAD to eat a bowl of ice cream later in the evening. Before I even had the bowl of ice cream I was sick of free day. I didn't feel as good. Nothing tasted as good as I had anticipated. It wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be.

We got some Dunkin Donut Munchkins this morning before brunch as a way to stem off the hunger for the girls for the morning. I had some and they were good, but you know, it just wasn't as awesome as I had thought it would be. Then we went to brunch and it was good, but it wasn't amazing. I wasn't going crazy like I thought I would - because I could. I feel different already - physically. I don't feel as confident or good about myself as I did before going to church yesterday. Isn't that funny? We both said on the way home from brunch that we want to go back to the diet... yet I feel obligated to continue eating as much easter candy and cookies as I can before 6pm tonight. Why is that? To make the most of my free day? Is it some kind of sickness that Dutch people have - that we have to get as much as we can for our "money"? We're not satisfied with being satisfied - we have to go over board... anyway, free day is not as spectacular as I had thought it would be. I'm going to thank the Eating for Life cookbook for that - I guess I don't feel like I'm missing out on much throughout the week this time around. Our protein bars taste like candy bars, the shakes are enjoyable and the meals are full of flavor, so I don't feel a need to go overboard on free day. This is a positive thing.

I did enjoy my 1/2 of a large pizza, though. Who wouldn't?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Definitely a Dutch thing. I have been reading everyday to keep me from pregnant over~eating. I am a bit worried about gestational diabetes as I was borderline with 2 of the girls. So we'll see.

Glad to hear things are going well!