Thursday, April 5, 2007

BFL - Day 4

Beginning date: April 2, 2007
Ending date: June 23, 2007

Day 4 -

Yesterday I was sore all over - legs from stairs yet and upper body from the weight lifting on Tuesday. My legs are better already this morning so my arms should be better by tomorrow. But wow - you just don't realize that you use certain muscles several times a day until you reallly fatigue them.

I think the hunger was subsiding a bit yesterday, however, the cravings kicked in. All I wanted was just 1 jelly bean. Just 1. Yeah right - one would have turned into just 5 etc. Cornbread gave me some jelly bellies for my birthday and they are staring me in the face all day it seems like. I just wanted some sugar - maybe a tiny piece of chocolate, a couple of jelly beans, whatever. something. But I reminded myself that I could have whatever I wanted on sunday - and I will.

We discussed what we wanted to eat for free day on Sunday. Besides Easter brunch I want to have candy. Easter candy. And ice cream. Mmmmm:)

Also found out that my sister has not been taking this seriously. I was really bummed by that. I really thought she was going to do this with us, but I guess she'll be the one losing out on June 23 when she's not as hot as the rest of us;)

Talked to Mike for a bit about bars and shakes. I made a really good shake yesterday - cappucino cream or something. Vanilla shake mix, some leftover coffee, 12 oz water, 6 ice cubes and some shakes of cinnamon. It was really good. That was my last package of vanilla shake mix, though, so I'll try it with chocolate today. With that recipe (from the book) our shakes come out to be about 2 1/2 16 oz glasses. Thats a lot, I think. Mike's are more like 1 1/2 glasses, but he must be using less water... They are filling though.

Did my leg weight lifting workout today. Because we use free weights it is difficult to get to a high point for my legs, but I did my reps very slowly today with the hopes that that would help and I think it did. I'm not sure I really got to a high point with all of my exercises, but I was pretty close. I will be increasing the weights on everything except the calves. I'm also going to change my calf workout so that I'm not taking so much time doing one leg at a time. I felt like I got a good workout for my legs, but probably no high points yet.

Menu -
8:30am - eggs, vegetables, oatmeal, 2 cups water
11:30am - 2oz cheddar cheese (thats a lot of cheese!), apple, 2 cups water
1:30 pm - shake
4pm - ranch chicken salad, carrots, 2 cups water
7:30pm - mama's chicken enchiladas, lettuce, tomato, 2 cups water
9pm - bar, 2 cups water

No comments: