Monday, April 23, 2007

BFL - Day 22

Beginning Date: April 2, 2007
Ending Date: June 23, 2007

Day 22 -

Just rode the bike for my cardio workout. Went 5.20 miles in 20 minutes. Thats the farthest I've gone so far, so it is great improvement! It is nice to see improvement through all of this - whether it is increased distance, increased resistance or increased weights.

We did go out and by an ipod shuffle over the weekend. I downloaded itunes and bought my first song (sexyback) and can't figure out how to get it from the computer to the ipod. I'm going to have to take a 101 course from the boys tonight perhaps. So annoying. This computer is almost 6 years old and I'm so sick of it, but not sure that we feel a NEED to replace it. I think we can talk about possibly doing that after we figure out how much of our tax refund will go toward paying for the "new" camry. Anyway, I'm still terrified of running outside, but I think it is turning into a mind over matter thing and I need to get over that.

We went out on Saturday night after church and had a good time. We went to Portillo's for hot dogs, then to Best Buy for the ipod, to Sports Authority for a stop watch (and we looked at weight benches and decided that we'd really like a new one), to the carnival, then to Cold Stone Creamery.

We wanted to ride the zipper at the carnival so we bought enough tickets to do so (holy cow are they expensive) and got in line. It went very quick... we got in the car and as soon as the guy started to close the door I knew I couldn't do it. He was closing us in a cage... I'm not sure if that is what triggered it or if it was the realization that we would be in that cage for a significant amount of time in the air, not able to get out while we were letting others on and off. I think that was more the issue. I immediately knew I wouldn't be able to breathe through that and insisted on getting out. They gave us our tickets back, which was awesome, and we went on a different ride. I'm so glad I have a husband who understands and doesn't get ticked at me or embarrassed or roll his eyes thinking that I'm being a baby or being stupid. I think he has seen me in the midst of a panic attack enough times to realize that its not fake. I wish these stupid things would go away - I don't know why I have them and I can't do anything about them.

Cold Stone was a disappointment. I think that The Marble Slab was so new and cool and good last week that probably anything would have been a disappointment. I had french vanilla ice cream with graham crackers, caramel and chocolate shavings. It was good, but I think I would have enjoyed an ice cream cone from the colorado coffee house a little more - theres just something about eating an ice cream cone that isn't satisfied by eating it with a spoon. Their cheesecake ice cream tasted like the kind of cheesecake that is made with sour cream and isn't baked - ick - so I went with the french vanilla. HOWEVER, I took Ryann there yesterday morning after we went sandal shopping and I got a sunsation smoothie (pineapple juice, orange juice and sorbet) and it was delicious. Ryann got strawberry ice cream with gummy bears and was very happy about it.

The rest of our free day was pretty normal for pre-BFL days. We didn't go overboard this week, which made it better. We had pancakes for breakfast, a lite lunch, then spent the afternoon doing work outside and hanging out with our neighbors, then had pizza for dinner and I made cookie monsters for dessert. The cookie monster sent me over the edge, but up until that point we were good:) I decided that I really don't like that over-full feeling anymore. Free day is getting a little less exciting now. I'm glad to be going back to the BFL diet today.

No comments: