Saturday, April 7, 2007

BFL - Day 6

Beginning Date: April 2, 2007
Ending Date: June 23, 2007

Day 6 -

Things are still going well. We're continually motivated by how delicious our meals are and how much better we feel. Its amazing how even if I don't lose any pounds (not sure if I did or not - did not weigh myself), by just working out and making an effort I go from feeling flabby and out of shape and fat to feeling strong, tight and encouraged. My posture is better. My confidence is better. I feel a little bit more in control, rather than spiraling out of control - all by controlling my eating. It amazes me what unhealthy eating does to me psychologically.

I did my arm workout this morning. We had to get up earlier than usual so that we could get to an easter egg hunt by 7:30 am so I am draaaggging right now. Very tired. And my arms are extremely fatigued. I lowered my weights from what I did on Tuesday and I think it was the right decision. I feel like I hit my high point on everything except my biceps, so I'll be increasing those weights next Wednesday. Doing my reps slowly makes a world of difference - it really, truly fatigues the muscle much more so than increasing the weight. I've been doing 4 counts on the lowering and 2 counts on the raising - I'll have to go back to the book and make sure that is the plan, but I'm pretty sure it is.

We went to the easter egg hunt this morning and had breakfast afterward (hunt at 7:30, home already before 8 - spectacular!!) It was nice to make breakfast together and sit down and eat a decent meal while the girls watched cartoons.

One thing that I think has contributed to our success this week so far (in terms of diet) is the fact that we decided to pre-cook a bunch of stuff last Sunday in preparation for the week. Cornbread grilled up a 3lb bag of chicken breasts and we put them in the fridge so we could just dice them or throw them in the microwave if we needed them. I used some of them to make the Ranch Chicken Salad on Sunday. The recipe makes 4 portions, so I had lunch for most of the week by doing that. I also used some of the chicken to make the enchiladas so the prep time for that dinner was minimal because I didn't have to cook the chicken before hand. And he took a chicken breast to work with him on a day that he was anticipating a late evening - he ended up making chicken fajitas with it when he got home (his appointment cancelled and he came home early), but I think there was another night that he had taken the chicken breast and was able to just throw it into the microwave at work and eat it there. So that has helped a lot. I also made jello fluff and he brought a dish of that to work with him every day as one of his mid meals (such a perfect body for life mid meal). In addition, we made a big oven omelet on Sunday and cut it up and put it in the fridge. So we had cooked eggs readily available for breakfasts this week. I also chopped up some onions and peppers and tomatoes and kept them in a container so we could just add them to things as needed - to the eggs in the morning, the fajitas, the enchiladas, etc. etc. It was a great idea and has made things very manageable this time around - I don't feel like I'm cooking so much every night. I think the only thing that we could add to our Sunday cooking routine would be to brown a bunch of hamburger and drain it and have it ready to add to whatever I plan to make. We'll do that next week.

We are starting our free day on Saturdays after church so we can indulge in our weekly pizza party. So we start tonight at 6:30 and end tomorrow night at 6:30. Very excited about this. I'm going to go buy some more easter candy for the girls - and me!

Menu -
8am - omelet, 2 pieces of whole wheat toast, 2 cups water
11am - apple, 2 oz cheese, 2 cups water
1:30pm - skipped
3pm - shake
6:30pm - pizza, easter candy, cookies, icecream, etc. etc

No comments: