Saturday, April 21, 2007

BFL - Day 20

Beginning Date: April 2, 2007
Ending Date: June 23, 2007

Day 20 -

We cheated last night. Had popcorn while watching a movie. It was microwave popcorn and I really don't think it was a horrible cheat so i'm not going to worry about it:)

I went on the BFL website and the message board and posted a message regarding my concerns about my height and portion sizes. A girl from Canada who is 5'2" and 138 pounds emailed me and told me she totally knew what I was talking about. Okay - I don't think I could have asked for a better example, just in terms of being so close to my height and weight. Her message was very encouraging and she told me that the Eating For Life cookbook has been written for men so the portion sizes should be scaled down for me. This was interesting information...

I have one more week until I have to get groceries again and make another 2 week menu plan, so I will continue with my plans for the next week, but I will eat slightly smaller portions of the dinners I make - I think my snacks are okay as of right now. However, I am going to go get the Body For Life For Women book from the library and see if there is anything in there that would be helpful or important in being successful as a woman vs. a man in this whole thing.

I also signed up for the BFL email newsletter, so I'm hoping that will be a regular encouragement as well. Seriously, getting this girls emails in addition to some great emails from my friend, Kim, has been awesome! Its always good to have friends be able to speak the language, know what you're talking about, be able to comiserate, and also to encourage and give examples of their success. It makes me feel as if I'm not all alone doing this on my own with Cornbread. Sometimes I feel like it takes a lot of mental strength to continue something like this on our own as a couple - we encourage eachother the most, but we also excuse eachother the most, too. So it is so great to have friends to chat with on occasion, too.

Free day begins tonight after church. We decided to go to Portillo's, go shopping for an ipod and a stopwatch, and then go to Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream. I'm so excited to just hang out again tonight. I'm going to try to run outside - just like running on the treadmill, I'm going to have to work myself up slowly to the point where I'm comfortable and in shape. Hopefully I will learn to enjoy it the way I *kind of* did with the treadmill:) I honestly believe that this is a much more financially responsible decision - AND an enviromentally responsible decision (it IS earth day tomorrow, you know;)

Here are the issues though:
* I have no idea how to put music on an ipod - but I'm sure Nathan and David will give me a training session if I ask nicely
* I think our computer is probably too old to do this kind of high-tech new wave thing...
* I have no idea what music to put on there for running. We both decided that in order to keep the cost down for now, we'll get an ipod shuffle and put 10 songs each on it. I have no clue what songs would be good running songs since I don't listen to music. Mine would have to be upbeat songs so I can run to the beat.

There has to be a running playlist out there somewhere on the web.

No comments: