Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Day 37

Beginning Date: April 30, 2007
Ending Date: July 20, 2007

Day 37 -

Workout: LBWO

Made some form changes in my lower body workout and I could feel a difference.
* I bent forward at the waist for my squats because I had read that doing so would engage the glutes more than keeping the torso straight. I didn't feel it so much in my glutes, but I definitely felt a difference in my quads and hit a 10 on my lifts in only 12 reps (I had been doing 20 reps to get to a 10).
* I paid very careful attention to my form while doing my romanian deadlifts. Kept my torso straight, bent at the waist, pushed my bum out toward the wall. I could feel a difference in that - they were much more difficult than they were for my last lbwo. Hit a 10 on my hamstring curls after that.
* Based on advice from the tracker site, I took my shoes off to do my calf work. What a HUGE difference that made. All around - for both exercises I noticed a difference. I don't think that I hit a 10 for calves, but it was definitely closer than it has ever been. I will increase my weights the next time and see what happens. This is a huge improvement for me!

Ate clean yesterday and was glad to be back to it. I went to Walmart and bought as many bars as I had coupons left. Our coupons are now gone and I have a cupboard stocked (28 bars). I'm going to try making my own protein bars after these are gone. There are a lot of recipes on the board and I'm suspecting that it will probably be cheaper to do that than to continue buying the bars - especially if I don't have the B1G1F coupons. I hope they taste good:)

No comments: