Saturday, June 9, 2007

Day 41

Beginning Date: April 30, 2007
Ending Date: July 20, 2007

Day 41 -

Workout: LBWO

Had a good workout. Hit 10 on quads, hamstrings, and calves (on the second set of 12 of the first exercise). Feeling good about my workouts, although still wondering if my form on the deadlifts is proper. My lower back is feeling it and I'm thinking it shouldn't be - I should look around the web to find out if they are supposed to be working the lower back muscles in addition to hamstrings or if that means I'm doing it wrong.

I had a couple of TJ's oatmeal chocolate chip cookies yesterday. They are the size of a quarter so I'm not too upset, but still mad at myself in a way. I also had some popcorn with the girls while we watched a movie. After they went to bed I put in my movie and I had planned to have my own bag of popcorn with my movie, but I decided that what I had eaten with the girls was good enough and opted to have a protein bar and some water instead. I also had a beer, which I wasn't too worried about until I stepped on the scale this morning - I was up 2 pounds from last week (I was the same on Wed as I was last week). So I'm thinking that I just can't allow myself to Okay a beer every once in a while... besides I've been reading that alcohol slows down the fat burning process and your body doesn't recover from it for a day or two afterward. I'm not sure if that means only if you get loaded or if you just have one...

No comments: