Monday, June 25, 2007

Day 57

Beginning Date: April 30, 2007
Ending Date: July 20, 2007

Day 57 -

Workout: HIIT - 5.36 miles in 20:00

Had a good workout this morning. I was well rested after such a nice weekend and my legs didn't feel tired. I felt good.

We were on the summer regional trip over the weekend and we got our workouts in. We got up extra early on Thursday so we could workout before we left, we did lower body weights together on friday afternoon and we both ran for hiit on saturday afternoon instead of joining everyone for pizza. We had to improvise for our lbwo because they didn't have free weights and they only had one leg machine - a combination leg press/calf press. So we hit the leg press hard since we didn't have a clue how much weight we could lift. We did the normal rep/set amounts and then for our 10 we lifted until failure. Since there was no official hamstring machine (the leg press said that it worked hams, too) we did walking lunges around the room while the other was doing leg presses and calf presses. The calf press was nice and I think I finally got a real 10 on my calves for the first time ever. We also did a bunch of crunches for abs and called it good. I was so sore the next day - legs AND abs:)

We went to the batting cages right after our workout and hit some balls. I did slow pitch and fast pitch softball and had a blast. It was free and not many people were in the cages. Cornbread also climbed the rock wall while I chatted with people. Then we went to the water park and did the slides for a while, then sat in the hot tub. My legs and bum and abs were sore on Saturday, but my shoulders were really sore on Sunday.

I think we did as best as we could in terms of eating clean while we were there. Actually, I think you can always do better, but we didn't abandon the plan at all and did our best to eat well. I had brought a bunch of food in a cooler and we actually had a full kitchen so we could put everything in the fridge. We did well on Thursday, but the dinner that was provided was in no way approved - caesar salad, lasagna, mixed veggies loaded with butter, bread sticks, pasta and tomato sauce or alfredo sauce. I chose a little salad, a lot of veggies (tried to drain as much butter off as possible) and I picked the sausage/ground beef out of the lasagna and left the noodles and cheese and had a portion of pasta. Not much we could do with it, but make the best choices we could based on what was available. I had a portion of scrambled eggs and a yogurt for breakfast on Friday and two portions of scrambled eggs and an apple for breakfast on Saturday. We got our mid morning meal in on Friday, worked out, came back to our room grabbed some lunch from the fridge, had a mid afternoon meal after the water park and had dinner at a tapas restaurant, which was definitely not clean.

Saturday proved to be tougher in terms of just getting all of our meals in. We weren't as busy as Friday, but seems that the relaxed day meant that we weren't paying much attention to needing our mid meals. Saturday night started our free day with the awards dinner, which was probably cleaner than our tapas dinner - salmon filet, mashed potatoes, asparagus and a filet. I did not eat the beef, but the rest was good and didn't have cream sauces or anything (probably just lots and lots of butter).

I'm pretty proud of the way we stuck to it all weekend - we got our workouts in and they were tough workouts - and we ate well. It could have been much worse - much, much worse.

No comments: