Thursday, June 28, 2007

Day 60

Beginning Date: April 30, 2007
Ending Date: July 20, 2007

Day 60 -

Workout: LBWO

Pretty amazing that we only have 24 days left in this challenge. It has flown by and does not seem like work - just a way of life.

I think I have injured myself pretty badly and really should be taking a break from lifting. My tennis elbow was all but gone while we were away for the weekend as was my lower back pain. After being home for 2 days and having one ubwo my tennis elbow is back in full force, hurting more than ever. This morning during my lbwo I got this weird pain in my left hip/bum area - I am pretty certain it is a pinched nerve from my herniated disks.

Am I being stubborn by wanting to keep going? Am I being stupid? Is this disk issue something that requires surgery? What have I been doing wrong? Am I lifting too hard?

I'm not sure what to do... We're in the middle of week 9 and I feel like I want to just work through it to the end and then maybe take a break from lifting and just do cardio for a week or two to see if that helps, but I don't want to injur myself even worse by overcompensating for whats going on or aggravating issues that are already present.

1 comment:

April said...

Hi Jana! If you keep pressing through when you have an already some aggravated areas, you really could make the problems worsen and take twice as long to heal. As far as the lower back stuff, you could potentially make the slipped disk worse. Have you considered going to the chiro and seeing what they suggest for treatment or they may even be able to show you some modified exercises that will give you the same work out with out the same pain to your body.