Monday, July 2, 2007

Day 64

Beginning Date: April 30, 2007
Ending Date: July 20, 2007

Day 64 -

Workout: HIIT - 5.43 miles in 20:00

I went much further today in distance than I ever have before! I could tell that my legs were well rested from the very beginning and I pushed my rpms during every interval. That 10 is soooo hard, I kinda want to cry as I'm counting down the seconds to starting it:) It feels good though to see tangible progress and to know that the progress is a result of hard work, major effort and increase in strength.

Last Friday Nora dislocated her elbow by falling off of the slide (see my other blog for details). We spent the evening in the hospital and I didn't get home until midnight (she and cornbread spent the night in the hospital). I didn't get to sleep until 1:30 and had to get up early to go get them and bring them home. I couldn't workout in the morning so I did my ubwo at 8:30 that night. Holy cow - it was hard. Seems like it was harder than my normal ubwo and I'm not sure why that would be. I could feel my triceps in every exercise I did and I hit most of my 10s (my elbow still prevents me from hitting a 10 in my shoulder exercises). And I was really, really sore yesterday and can still feel it today. So I guess I had a pretty good workout:)

I had planned to take my pictures and measurements yesterday, but we totally forgot - I'm kind of bummed, actually. I can't do it today because we had free day yesterday, so I may have to wait until this coming weekend.

Free day wasn't too out of control yesterday, so I'm happy about that. I kept the snacking in check - I had one cookie for the entire day, and I had one cupcake leftover from Cornbread's client birthday party on Friday. Other than that it was just our meals and some popcorn while we watched a movie with the girls - oh and half of a DQ blizzard after they went to bed. The point is, I wasn't controlled by food yesterday and I didn't feel like I had overdone it or gorged myself - this is improvement over the previous 8 free days:)

I'm thinking of entering the summer tracker challenge. It costs $25 with the opportunity to win at least $500. I'm not sure about it at this point. I can stick with it for 12 weeks, I know that, I'm just not sure if I can compete with the rest of them. I have to take a look at the dates and figure out what my challenge dates would be. The registration deadline is July 16 which is 4 days before the end of my challenge. So I would probably start the Monday before then. I'll have to look at all of the info and try to figure it out. I would try to go hardcore, though, and try to actually win that money. We'll see.

No comments: