Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Day 24

Beginning Date: April 30, 2007
Ending Date: July 20, 2007

Day 24 -

Workout: HIIT - 5.10miles in 20:00

I tried doing the intensity intervals on my own today by increasing my pedaling speed with each minute. I was able to do it just fine, but obviously I did not travel as far as I had the previous time. The time went a lot faster this way, but I'm not sure which way would be better - it would probably be better to do it the way I did today, but to increase each interval speed. I will try that on Friday. Its not the distance that concerns me, it was the way I felt while doing it - I didn't feel like I was working hard - except on my 10 minute - and my pulse was not high enough. My legs were also exhausted from my workout yesterday.

I woke up this morning and thought about how great I feel. I really do. I'm sleeping really well at night - although not long enough - and my body just feels good. I have energy throughout the day and I don't hit a tired spot during the afternoon or early evening. I never feel like my blood sugar is crashing and I want to just take a nap. I don't have that urge to snack from 3:00 until dinner (truthfully sometimes I WANT to do that, but I don't feel like I NEED to do it). I'm not hungry throughout the day, but I'm not overly full. I may not look the exact way that I want to look, but my body feels strong and healthy and I know I'm making changes for the better.

Last night Georgia and I stopped at Mark & Heather's new business - Dinner By Design - and picked up 4 premade dinners: Asian BBQ Salmon, Asian Turkey Burgers, Sweet & Sour Meatballs & Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops. Those were the only meals that I thought would be somewhat acceptable... I figured this would be a good option for our Sunday meals, instead of going out or getting take out. They'll hopefully be quick to prepare and really tasty. This way we're not going totally overboard on our freeday with processed and restaurant food. Usually when it comes to Sunday evening it is more of an issue of me not feeling like cooking or not having anything in the house to make - not that I'm craving more crappy food. I don't include Sundays on my menu calendar, so I just don't have the food in the house. Now I will. I think these will be good alternatives and they will be close to approved foods. Honestly I could have some of the non-approved dinners, but I didn't want to. They didn't sound good and I think that it is time that we clean up our free day a bit (at least for myself). So we'll try this alternative and I'm looking forward to trying the food:) In addition, it is a tangible way that we can help our friends with getting their new business off of the ground.

No comments: