Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Day 31

Beginning Date: April 30, 2007
Ending Date: July 20, 2007

Day 31 -
Workout: HIIT - 5.24 miles in 20:00

Started out my workout doing rpms at 75, 80, 85, and 90 and had a difficult time maintaining the last two minutes at those speeds. I got close again the second time through, but by the third time I just couldn't get it up there and backed it down to 70, 75, 80 & 85 and did 96-99 rpms on my 10 minute. My butt and thighs are burning!

Felt good to be back to clean eating yesterday. I went out with Julie and Jean last night and they had nachos that looked so good, but I ate dinner beforehand for just that reason - I didn't have any nachos, but I did eat the jalepeno peppers off of them (vegetables) and made sure there was nothing additional hanging onto the jalepenos (like cheese, refried beans or guacamole). I also had a beer, but I don't feel terrible about that. Then they ordered key lime pie... it looked too good so I had two bites. I wanted to finish what was left on the plate and I thought about it a couple of times, but then I reminded myself that I am not controlled by food anymore - and I left it alone. I was happy to have the two bites, probably shouldn't have... okay, not probably - I shouldn't have had them. So in the end I was a bit controlled by food until I reminded myself to not be. This is hard.

So again, I am here today to remind myself that I am not controlled by food. Food is fuel and it is best for me to choose the best fuel for my body, rather than junky fuel that will make me tired and burn out quicker. Good food in = high energy and high efficiency.

No comments: