Thursday, May 3, 2007

Day 4

Beginning Date: April 30, 2007
Ending Date: July 20, 2007

Day 4 -

Yesterday the tuna was not so good - it wasn't bad, but I could definitely taste tuna. I added salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash table seasoning blend and a little onion salt. Didn't mask it well enough. Today, unless I find something else, I will be going back to chili powder and maybe some crushed red pepper.

Did my LBWO this morning for the first time on our new weight bench. The quad lifts were fantastic - for the first time ever I feel like I was able to lift enough to fatigue my muscles and I didn't even increase my weight set. Must be the way it is positioned, the height of the bench and the fact that I can incline the bench. Struggled with hamstrings - couldn't figure out how to do the curls correctly, then Cornbread came down and pulled a bar out and voila, perfect. I'm struggling with finding a second exercise for hamstrings. I could do lunges, but since you only do one leg at a time it takes a lot longer. I have been doing deadlifts, but I'm not sure I'm doing them the right way and I don't really feel anything. I did the deadlifts today with 40lbs in each hand. I didn't feel much - which is why I think I MUST be doing them wrong. I'm also continuing to struggle with fatiguing my calves. I've been doing the angled calf raises and then the one leg raise for the second exercise. The one leg raise is better and more effective for me, but again you have the issue of it taking longer because it is one leg at a time. Cornbread says, "Its not about how long it takes but about doing it right." I will have to remember that before my next LBWO and plan to do the one leg raises.

No comments: