Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Day 2

Beginning Date: April 30, 2007
Ending Date: July 20, 2007

Day 2 -

I survived the tuna yesterday! And the smaller portions and changed menu. I noticed in the afternoon that I wasn't starving like I had anticipated. It feels good to be on the right track and to know what I need to do. There are some foods in my life that are just dangerous and cheese is one of them... I like it so much that I find ways to add it to everything, or if a portion size is 2 oz I think, "Oh 2 1/2 oz isn't going to be THAT bad" and pretty soon I'm eating 3 oz of cheese. Anyway, its probably just best for cheese to be a free day food for me:)

I made the taco pasta salad for dinner last night and kept my portion sizes to my fist and my palm. I also added lots of lettuce and tomatoes and onions to fill up my plate. That helped a lot. I felt like I got enough food, but I wasn't hungry or stuffed afterwards. That was good. Tonight I will be making the oriental chicken salad. We haven't had that one yet, but I'm looking forward to it. The key for me will be keeping the chow mein noodles to the bare minimum (I love them).

I did my UBWO this morning. We got a new weight bench and it allows for some different exercises so I'm working on figuring out my weight sets for those. I was a little frustrated this morning in trying to figure out how to work things, but I think I have the hang of it. I'm thinking, though, that free weights seem to be a better option - I seem to do a better job of fatiguing my muscles and going to failure with the free weights. I will try these exercises again, though, and then decide after that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jana - Keep up the good work! I did BFL once - just remember that your measurements may go up a little in the first half of the program because you're adding muscle, then the fat will begin to melt off after that and you'll see a decrease in inches. Best of luck to you!
Brenda (from grace)