Thursday, November 8, 2007

C3W4D25

Challenge 3
Beginning Date: October 15, 2007
Ending Date: January 6, 2008

Workout: HIIT on the bike
Distance: 8.06 miles
Time: 31:00

I did NOT want to work out this morning. I got up, got dressed, went back to bed, got up, hung out on the computer for a while and finally made my way down to the basement. My body is tired. Exhausted, really. I wasn't mentally tired - like I just wanted to go back to sleep - my body was tired - not achy or sore, just tired. I've never really experienced this before. But it isn't surprising based on how hard I'm working.

I've decided that I'm going to concentrate on my endurance with running for now. I want to be running comfortably. I want to run the whole 3 miles comfortably and THEN start working on shaving off time. Its hard for me to not try to push myself further than the time before, but I need to start being comfortable while I'm running - otherwise I dread it so much and I risk injury.

I did my new Yoga DVD yesterday afternoon. Its much better than the one I was doing before. It is quick, though. He moves through the poses very quickly - and I don't know them hardly at all, so I felt like I was constantly behind. I did the flexibility workout and felt like I got a really good stretch. I really should do it more often than once or twice a week, I just don't know how I would fit it in on the other days.

This afternoon I will do chest/back.