Tuesday, November 13, 2007

C3W5D30

Challenge 3
Beginning Date: October 15, 2007
Ending Date: January 6, 2008

Workout: HIIT on the bike
distance: 7.79 miles
time: 31:00

Holy cow is my body exhausted. I slept until 6:20 this morning and still didn't want to get up. I need to go post my weight workout from yesterday because I killed myself! My workout this morning showed how tired I was - I have typically been riding just slightly over 8 miles in 31 minutes and today I didn't get there. I could see that my rpms for both my low intensity and my high intensity minutes were about 5rpms lower than normal. I could just tell that everything about me was tired. That is to be expected after a leg workout, though.

I bruised the back of my neck yesterday while doing step ups. Sometimes I look back in hindsight and think that I'm such a flippin' idiot - like how could I not anticipate that something like this would happen? I was doing barbell step ups with 65lbs on my shoulders. I was stepping up onto one of the girls' desk chairs and at the last rep of my second set a leg buckled and broke off and the chair fell over - while I was on it. I was in the process of stepping down, I think, so I didn't fall, but I did stumble a bit and the barbell rode up my neck and thats where I'm bruised. I am so thankful, though, that that is all that happened. I could have gotten hurt much, much worse than that and I could have hurt Ryann pretty badly since she was hanging out there with me. God, thank you that it wasn't worse than it was!

But like I said, I look back and think I'm an idiot - that chair has broken so many times and it isn't sturdy - I should have realized that something could happen.

This afternoon I will do biceps and triceps