Monday, November 12, 2007

C3W5D29

Challenge 3
Beginning Date: October 15, 2007
Ending Date: January 6, 2008

Workout: Running
3 miles: 37:00
Distance: 4.011
Time: 50:00
Speeds: 3.7/5.1(20:00)/5.2/3.8

So much to write about this morning... I tried to ease up on my run this morning and go more for endurance than speed. I ran for 20:00 straight at 5.1 mph and my heartrate was at 195bpm. I actually think that 5.1 is harder than 5.2 because it is too slow of a pace. When I increased the speed to 5.2 it felt much more comfortable. I ran 5.2 for 10 minutes and my heart rate was around 185bpm, so I think it is a better pace for me. I'm going to continue to work on endurance until I am comfortably running 3 miles straight - keyword being comfortablly. At that point I will try to start shaving time off.

I took a small break at the end of last week - it wasn't planned it just happened. Friday morning I woke up and my body was sooooo tired so I did yoga instead of running. In the afternoon I was feeling lonely and sad and ended up crying and watching tv in my bed instead of lifting weights. Saturday morning I was going to do cardio and lift, but I woke up with cramps and stayed in bed instead. But I did walk all afternoon at a craft show with my mother-in-law... I think it was good to take the break as my body feels rested and ready for the week. I didn't do too badly in terms of eating over the weekend. I didn't get as many meals in as I should have, but I did have my two free meals - pizza & salad on Saturday night & soup & salad on Sunday night.

I weighed and measured this morning. I was prepared for a bad weight this morning due to TOM (started Saturday) and water retention from the weekend (although I did drink more water yesterday than I normally do on Sunday). My weight was 132.8 - up .8 from last week. I'm okay with it. I may weigh myself tomorrow out of curiosity, but I recorded 132.8. I also tried measuring BF, but I still get such inconsistent readings - I'm going to do it again before I take a shower.

I'm really excited, though, because my measurements ROCK! I'm so excited about them! I think I've lost more in measurements in the past 4 weeks than I did in the previous 24 - lets check:

Site . . . . . 4/2/07 . . . . . 10/15/07 . . . . . 11/12/07
Weight . . . .135.4 . . . . . . . .133.6 . . . . . . . . 132.8
Waist . . . . . .32" . . . . . . . . . 31 1/8" . . . . . . 30 1/2"
Bicep . . . . . 12 3/4" . . . . . . 12 1/2" . . . . . . 12 3/8"
Bum . . . . . 37 3/4" . . . . . . .36 5/8" . . . . . . 35 15/16"
Thigh . . . . . 23" . . . . . . . . . 23 7/8" . . . . . . 23 1/4" (I don't think that first one was at the same spot)


This definitely gives me the motivation to keep doing what I'm doing and to get back to the stricter eating schedule and to keep my weekends under control. I cannot believe the difference in measurements even with such a little change in scale weight!

I will do quads and hams this afternoon and if I'm ambitious I will try to do shoulders/abs. It is Veterans Day and the girls are off of school so it might not be so easy to get the work out in this afternoon.... or it may be easier to get it all in. I will get it in some time today, though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One leg extensions: 3x12 @ 42lbs
BB Step Ups: 3x12 @ 65lbs
BB Walking Lunges: 3x18 @ 65lbs
Stiff Leg Deadlift: 3x12 @ 65lbs
Lying hamstring curl: 12, 9, 8 @ 48 lbs

Shoulders:
Upright Row: 12, 11, 9 @ 46lbs
BB Press: 12, 12, 9 @ 35lbs
Front Raise: 12, 10, 8 @ 15lbs