Friday, November 9, 2007

C3W4D26

Challenge 3
Beginning Date: October 15, 2007
Ending Date: January 6, 2007

Workout: Yoga

I decided to give my body a break this morning and did yoga instead of running. I just need a rest, I think. And I feel a slight injury in my left calf/ankle that I don't want to aggravate any more than it already is. I will get back to running on Monday.

Yoga is tough, though. I am not flexible at all and it is difficult for me to stay in some of those poses for long periods of time. I did both the flexibility and the strength workouts on the DVD - so a total of about 45-50 minutes. In the strength workout, he holds the downward dog for quite a few breaths - pretty hard for me since not much weight is being beared on my feet for that one because of my inflexibility. He also does several poses where you're balancing all of your weight on your arms. Someday I'll be able to do that - I'm going to work my way to that, but right now, I can't. I do enjoy the stretching and the feeling that I'm becoming more flexible with each workout, so I'll continue to do it a couple of times a week.

This afternoon I will do shoulders and abs and then I'm done with weights for the week. My in-laws are coming for Georgia's birthday this weekend. My MIL and I are going to a craft show on Saturday during the day and then we're all going to the circus on Saturday night. Its going to tons of fun, but incredibly difficult to eat clean and at the appropriate times. I'm going to have to figure out how to make it work. I made some extra pumpkin protein muffins last night and perhaps I'll make some pancakes tonight so I can bring those along with me. I'm not going to turn this into an all out free weekend - I can't let their poor eating habits control me. I need to control myself and my decisions this weekend.