Monday, August 6, 2007

STC - C2W4D22

Summer Tracker Challenge
Beginning Date: July 16, 2007
Ending Date: October 7, 2007

Workout: HIIT - stairs. Forgot my stopwatch so no times available.

It is very humid out this morning. I think I was sweating before I even got into the car. That makes the stairs extremely stifiling since its surrounded by trees. So I sweat a lot and Brady was pooped by the third time up. I did 7 passes and sprinted to the car and felt good about it.

I finally pulled the trigger and bought Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle yesterday. I think I've read 2 or 3 chapters already and its good stuff. I'm looking forward to reading more and getting more in depth with it. I'm coming to the conclusion - not based on the book, but my own thinking - that I need to start being serious about this whole thing if I want to achieve what I want to achieve. That means I have to reconsider how much cardio I'm doing and especially how free I want my free day to be.

I made the following observations over the weekend:
1. I need to get rid of my scale. Seriously - I'm going to make it a goal to not weigh myself until October 7th - the last day of my challenge. I weighed myself on Saturday morning and I was at 133.2. That is the last time I'm going to weigh myself before October 7th.
2. I need to pull the trigger and spend the $40 on BTFFTM and I need to spend the time reading it. I bought it and started reading it.
3. I need to add a little more cardio - not sure how much. Its hard to know how much to add. I'm sure that I will learn more in BTFFTM. For now, I've added one pass to the stairs, but may be adding more to that.
4. I really, really WANT to be a runner, I just hate running. I think I need to go buy some new running shoes and get some actual music uploaded onto the ipod we've had for 2 months. I also think I'll try to do the couch to 5k training program. I'm going out this week to buy some New Balance shoes. As for when I'm going to fit in running - no clue. I'd like to fit in some running on my weight lifting days, but not sure how I'm going to go about doing that.
5. I should buy a pedometer. Going to buy a pedometer this week, too.
6. I need to get my free days more under control. Yesterday I had my last all out free day. I need to gain perspective on this and have a plan for free day and not get so out of control with it. I'm sick of negating any progress I make throughout the week. I need to get a handle on this.
7. I need to drink more water on the weekends. I got 90 ounces on Saturday, but no water passed my lips yesterday other than rinsing when I brushed my teeth. Thats a problem.

After reading chapter 1 of BTFFTM I made the following goals:
1. I am loosing body fat and reaching my goal weight of 115 lbs and goal body fat of 20% by October 7, 2007.
2. I am a runner and I love running 3 miles 3 times a week.
3. I stay well-hydrated and purify my body by drinking 144oz of water each day.
4. I have an athlete's body with strong muscular legs and toned muscular arms.
5. My family and friends are jealous of my new body and physique.
6. I eat 6 clean meals on time at 3 hour intervals each day.
7. I stay well-rested by going to sleep at 11pm every night.
8. I am confident and happy about the way I look.

I need to read these over at least twice every day and keep them on the forefront of my mind.

No comments: