Wednesday, August 29, 2007

STC - C2W7D45

Summer Tracker Challenge
Beginning Date: July 16, 2007
Ending Date: October 7, 2007

Workout: HIIT - 20:00; walking at 5% incline - 10:00. Accidently yanked the safety key out after 4 minutes, so I don't have any distances.

Running was good. That minute at 9mph kicks my bum in a serious way. I want to watch the clock, but try not to. Then I want to puke afterward.

My body is very tired and sore from last night's workout.

I had to start the thread for our team today. Here is what I wrote:


Before you can win, you have to believe you are worthy. Mike Ditka

I’m not a native Chicagoan – I moved here 9 years ago. Many years after Da Coach era of Bears football. I don’t understand this idolization of Mike Ditka – he seems like kind of a dumba$$ to me, however, this quote is good – and it is true.

Do YOU believe you are worthy of succeeding at this?

Because I do – I believe that you are worthy of achieving your dreams. You deserve it and you are definitely worthy of spending the time and effort that it takes to do this program. Your family is worthy of reaping the benefits of a healthy you.

Each of you has impressed me in one way or another. You continue to impress me and inspire me and motivate me. You are in the back of my mind while I’m lifting, knowing that you may be lifting harder and heavier than me – and I can’t let that happen;)

This kind of goes along with the post from yesterday about self-talk. Are we sabotaging our efforts by secretly believing that we’re not worthy of achieving success? How do you change that around? What brought you to the realization that YES – I AM worthy of succeeding and of having the body that I want!? What was your wake up call to start BFL and begin to achieve the success you’ve already achieved?

I believe you are worthy of winning – do you?



I do believe that I'm worthy of achieving success on this - however, I am realistic enough to know that there isn't a magic end to all of this. I can't just workout hard like this with an idea in mind of what I want to look like, weigh, etc and then stop. I need to continue. This needs to be part of my life always - like it is now. For that reason, I need to continue feeling worthy of taking the time to exercise and lift and I need to continue believing that I'm worthy of the success of eating properly. I am worthy.

No comments: